You may have noticed I didn't post anything new to the blog last week.'t That's because we were blessed to spend all of last week in Orlando, FL at Disney World as a family - it was awesome! (Unfortunately, no one warned us about the severe post-Disney depression that sets in upon your return. We keep wondering why everyone isn't waving and smiling all the time...) Now we're back to work and here's a few things on my mind this morning...
- Disney is better at hospitality than any church I've ever been to. It doesn't matter if you encounter someone sweeping the streets, working security, or running a ride - EVERYONE is engaging and looking for opportunities to serve. Very impressed by that and challenged to see Redemption grow in this.
- For some reason I struggle to maintain my spiritual disciplines while on vacation. I think it's because my normal routine is off and I have to be incredibly intentional to stay in God's Word. More on this later this week.
- I had the day off from preaching yesterday which was a blessing. Having a week off always recreates a deep desire to grow and develop my preaching ministry. It also allows me to walk around more and have a better idea of where we have opportunity to improve our Sunday morning worship gatherings. If you're a preacher and don't schedule time off to simply attend your church, you should.
- Speaking of having a week off, Pastor Scott Holthaus did a crazy good job preaching on #truesatisfaction from 1 Timothy 6:2-11 yesterday. You can get the podcast later today here.
- If you missed it you should check out the new Desiring God app.
- Great stuff from Michael Hyatt on becoming a Twitter ninja in less than 30 minutes a day
- Love the clarity from Harvest Bible Chapel in helping new people know what they can expect if they make Harvest home
- Life-giving and encouraging post from my friend Joe Thorn asking, "Is Your Sin Bigger Than Jesus?"